Quality Hotels and Suites is in search of a full-time Assistant Manager to join our team in Gander. The successful candidate will oversee booking, preparation, communication, ordering of supplies, and scheduling. The Assistant Manager will be responsible for ensuring all events at the hotel are a great experience for our guests and held to our high-quality standard.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager, the Assistant Manager is primarily evaluated on production. The Assistant Manager must be able to work in a high-paced, high-pressure environment and have the ability to multi-task.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Staff relations including scheduling, evaluations, recruitment, and discipline
- Maintaining guest needs and front desk operations, ensuring the highest customer satisfaction.
- Communicating with guests regularly, answering questions, concerns and complaints as needed.
- Manage group bookings for banquets and meetings, monitoring numbers
- Maintaining and ordering supplies, tracking inventory
- Knowledge of room availability at all times, for future and present dates and monitoring these dates regularly for inventory control purposes.
- Performing routine spot checks of housekeeping inspections to ensure operational standards are being met
- Supervise banquet room set-ups and tear-downs and assist when required
- Responsible for the administration of the WHSCC program
- Maintain organized files and records.
- Prepare budgets and monitor revenues and expenses
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Attributes:
- A Minimum of two years of management experience
- Strong communication, supervisory and customer service skills
- Working in a unionized environment an asset
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office required
- Knowledge of Firestar system an asset
- Knowledge of Choice Advantage an asset
- Demonstrates strong financial/analytical abilities
How to Apply:
For those interested, resumes can be sent to Careers@steelehotels.com.