Founded in 1970, Steele Hotels is an independent hotel operator based out of Newfoundland and Labrador Canada. With origins in Gander, NL the company has grown to include locations in St. John’s, NL, Corner Brook, NL, and Fredericton, NB.
Our culture’s values are embedded in maintaining a work life balance, strong work ethics, great customer service and the growth of our employees and the company. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in customer service, enjoys working in a face-paced environment with a passion for people. They would possess a positive “can-do” attitude, high level of professionalism, coupled with a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills and an eye for details.
The JAG Hotel is looking for a full-time Porter
· Maintain the cleanliness and appearance of the facility
· Perform routine maintenance tasks such as cleaning floors, windows, and restrooms
· Empty trash receptacles and dispose of waste properly
· Monitor and replenish cleaning supplies and materials
· Report any maintenance or repair needs to the appropriate personnel
· Serve food and beverages
· Set-up, install, reconfigure, relocate and dismantle temporary partitions and furnishings of rooms
· Attend to group arrivals and departures
· Other duties as required
· Previous experience in facilities maintenance or a similar role is preferred but not required
· Ability to work independently and efficiently
· Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
· Good communication skills to effectively interact with team members and other staff members
This position requires the successful applicant to perform manual labor tasks such as lifting heavy objects and standing for extended periods of time.
We offer competitive pay rates, flexible scheduling, and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for providing excellent customer service and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, we welcome everyone to apply.
Please forward resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org