Founded in 1970, Steele Hotels is an independent hotel operator based out of Newfoundland and Labrador Canada. With origins in Gander, NL the company has grown to include locations in St. John’s, NL, Corner Brook, NL, and Fredericton, NB.
Our culture’s values are embedded in maintaining a work life balance, strong work ethics, great customer service and the growth of our employees and the company. The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in customer service, enjoys working in a face-paced environment with a passion for people. They would possess a positive “can-do” attitude, high level of professionalism, coupled with a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills and an eye for details.
The JAG Hotel is looking for a full-time Cook
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in creating new menus, taking into account food costing and seasonal food availability
· Preparation and cooking all menu items and features
· Proper portioning/cutting of meats
· Ensure all food service standards and quality requirements are met
· Receiving and verifying product matches original orders
· Ensuring adequate inventory levels and communicating discrepancies to the Executive Chef
· Adhere to health and safety regulations
· Ensuring the kitchen is kept clean, sanitized, and tidy, following all health and safety regulations
· Ensure operations level of profitability and client satisfaction is complied
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes:
· 3 years or more experience in the cooking industry with an experience in a fast-paced food service operation
· Knowledge of all cuts of meat
· Canadian Red Seal Occupational Standard an asset
· Experienced in food costing, menu execution, inventory control an asset
· Strong communication skills with the ability to work with and without supervision
· Food Safety Course an asset
We offer competitive pay rates, flexible scheduling, and opportunities for career growth within our organization. If you have a passion for providing excellent customer service and enjoy working in a dynamic environment, we would love to hear from you. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, we welcome everyone to apply.
Please forward resumes to email@example.com